Saturday, November 24, 2012

Single Beauty

11-24-12 4:07pm

Sometimes when I'm surrounded by beauty I am startled by the impact of something so simple yet so perfect.

I walk along the shore of this vast body of water. It is breathtaking. The sun glistens and kisses it's surface while the small curl of the waves gently lap on the sand.

The birds plunge their bills onto the the wet sand looking for sustanence and the breeze gently caresses my face and body.

But the thing that draws me in as I'm surrounded by so many of God's creations is one single shell. Simple in shape. Simple in color. Simple in size. Gently wrapped in a single strand of sea weed. Perfectly placed alone to be noticed by those who are paying enough attention.

I'm so glad I was paying attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment